Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Better

Today was pretty solid tee to green. I shot +1, 72. I hit a lot of fairways and a fair amount of greens, but my putting struggled a little bit. I had 3 bogeys today and they were all 3-putts. The greens were punched a couple weeks ago and had some bumps. They were not bad enough to have that many 3-putts though. I just did not have a good feel for the speed out there. I left a couple birdie putts dead in the heart, just short.
All in all, I am pretty happy with the day. My comfort level is increasing every round and I am getting more accustom to the way it is out here. My confidence is improving and I am committing to all my shots.
I felt like I played very smart today, but just did not get the putts to drop. That will come, I just need to keep working on the putting.
I am going to have to play pretty well tomorrow to make the cut but I feel like I definitely have that in me right now!