Saturday, January 16, 2010

Updates

The weather has taken a huge turn! We have been enjoying temperatures around 60 degrees the last few days and it looks to stay that way into the beginning of next week. It has been great to be out golfing and not have to wear layers upon layers of clothing.

This week was an exciting one for me. I got a part-time job caddying at The Quail Hollow Club. They have a PGA Tour event there every year and it is a gorgeous course. I get to play and practice there every Monday too, so that will be a lot of fun and you can be sure I will be there in 2 days.

I filled out a Player Biography form today for the tour. There was a lot of interesting questions that were fun to answer. I know they are creating a media book but I am not sure if they will be putting it on the website or not.

They almost have all the tournaments set for the year. I have updated my schedule to show the tournaments that I am currently registered for. I have only registered for the first 7 so far. You can see this schedule on the right hand column of my home page.

Medalist Management has been working hard for me. I received an email this week that had all my hotel information for the first couple weeks. The eGolf Tour does a great job finding us phenomenal deals at hotels, and Medalist Management gets them all booked and just sends me the confirmation email. It makes for a lot less work for me, which I greatly appreciate!

I will be doing the majority of my traveling with a kid named Blake Trimble. He is from San Diego, CA and is also a client of Medalist Management. Traveling together should help us both keep costs down and give us someone to hang out with and play practice rounds with. He is actually playing in the PGA Tour event at Torrey Pines in 2 weeks. Jim got him an exemption into that tournament, being he lives 5 minutes away. Having locals in tournaments like that is something the tour likes to do.

My first 2 weeks will be pretty crazy. Blake and I will arrive at Hilton Head Island on Monday the 15th. We will have practice rounds the 15th and 16th. The tournament is the 17th-20th. We will then have Sunday the 21st off where we will travel to Savannah Georgia for Monday and Tuesday practice rounds before the next tourney starts on Wednesday the 24th.
So, things are getting a little crazier around here, but very exciting!

Cheers!