Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Countdown!

Well, we are 3 weeks away from the first tournament. I cannot explain in words how excited I am for that first tournament to get here. I am continually practicing everyday and doing everything I can to become ready.
I had my first loop at Quail Hollow this last week. It went really well and the course is amazing. The final 3 holes are the toughest I have ever seen. They call it "The Green Mile". Hole 16 is a par 4 that is just plain long! Hole 17 is a par 3 with water in front that wraps around the left side, and is also very long. Then you get to 18, which has a creek that runs right down the middle of the fairway. The landing spot for a tee shot, which requires length, is about 20 yards wide. It is extremely daunting!
Going through a whole winter of being able to play golf has been amazing. It has made me think a lot about how I went through college not being able to play during the winter. One of the biggest contributers to my success was Golf Source (Dome in St. Cloud). Chad Siem and the crew there do a fabulous job helping people to practice during the winter. Chad also did all my fitting and club preparation for my seasons at Saint Johns. If any of you are looking for new clubs or even a place to practice, I highly suggest heading to St. Cloud and working with these gentlemen. They are the best in the business.
With that said, my preparation will be ramped up in the coming weeks to be fully prepared.
I hope to continue to have the confidence in my game that I have right now. If I am able to do this, I feel that I will have a successful season.

Keep it in the short stuff!