Thursday, March 25, 2010

First Cut!

Well, I made my first cut today, barely. It was a pretty tough day out there for me today. I was not hitting the ball well, so it was a big time grind day. I ended up shooting 74 and made the cut on the number, which was -1.
Although I went into the day with the mindset to climb the leaderboard, I was thinking a lot about the cut early on and I think that is part of what led to my opening nine 39. I got to the 10th tee and just knew the cut was going to be at -1. So I also knew that I was going to have to shoot under par on the back side if I wanted to be around on the weekend.
I made a good 6 foot par save on ten. I then parred 11 and birdied the par 5 12th. After a par on 13, I hit it in the bunker on the par 3 14th. I then missed a swinging 7 footer to save par. This put me back to even for the tourney. I then made a great 15 foot birdie putt on the par 5 15th. After pars on 16 and 17, I blocked my approach shot on 18 to the right side of the green. I had 30 feet and had to putt over a big ridge with the hole being at the base of the ridge on the other side. I hit a great first putt that ended up 3 feet past the hole. I then made that to shoot 74 and make the cut!
So I play 2 more days and then I will see my first paycheck!