Thursday, February 18, 2010

Good Learning Experience

To say the least, I didn't make the cut. I did learn a lot though and got rid of all the nerves. I played golf more like I am used to today. I finished my last 6 holes of my first round early this morning. I played them 1 over par, to finish with a rock solid 83.
I then had to go straight to the tee to start my second round. I finished with a 78, but it was the best 78 of my life and I could not be any happier right now. I hit 12 fairways and 14 greens. So yes, the putter was pretty bad. The greens on the second course were like putting on your kitchen floor. I had 3, 3 putts and just could not get the birdies to fall. I only made 1 bad swing the whole second round and that was a tee shot that I hit in the water.
I hit a lot of good shots on a course with a course rating of 75.6. Even though 78 definitely is not good, I am very happy with the strides I made in the mental game today!
Now I will just be practicing down here until I head to Savannah on Monday for the next event!