Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Rough Start

Well, today was not what I was hoping for. I am only through 12 holes and am a lot over par. Handling the nerves was a lot tougher then I thought it was going to be. I was not committing to the shots that I decided to hit and I kept getting myself into trouble. I also made some decisions that were a little too aggressive, which also got me into trouble.
But, I am using it as a great learning experience. Since this is my first professional tournament, I do not have any expectations. I wanted to play a lot better then I am but what can you do. I just need to get back to making good swings and playing golf the way I know how to. It's the same game out here as it is anywhere else, the competition is just tougher.
It seems like the scores are higher then normal. The courses are pretty tough, with lots of places to get into trouble, it just happens that I keep finding them.
I got 6 holes to finish in my first round and then I am going to try to have a great second round and move on. The great thing about being out here is that there is always next week and it is a whole new tournament.
I will have my scores for everyone tomorrow. Don't expect too good of a first one though..Haha